Friday, December 31, 2010

A Chat Noir



(short story)


With police lights flickering against a night mist that is hovering just above the city both uniformed officers and plain clothes detectives have emerged on the scene and  have begun gathering and exchanging what little information that is available. As they search the bottom floor apartment of the complex, initially all they could ascertain was a crime had been committed although in all actuality it appears that a crime hasn’t been committed. There was no forced entry, no sign of struggle, no fingerprints. Who ever did this knew exactly what they were doing. What exactly happened anyway? That is the question that leaves them confounded. All they know was that a young woman has gone missing and has not been heard from for more than 72 hours.

After canvassing the surrounding neighborhood of this apartment community for the better part of two hours, all the officers presently involved in the case came up with virtually nothing as far clues go. A young woman in her late 20’s - early 30’s, with black hair and olive skin between 5’2 and 5’5 inches tall and very pretty was the description that most of the residents gave. She kept to herself, usually smiled but never really stopped to make conversation and she could always be seen with her laptop. She would be seen at the local coffee house just down the street, sipping on a cup of  java while doing something seemingly very important on her computer. One resident even said they would see her through the blinds late at night sitting in her living and doing something on her computer.

That would be the only clue yielded to this mysterious disappearance as the forensic team found her laptop in the apartment. Everything else on the scene seemed intact. The kitchen was clean, the living room area was clean, the bathroom was clean and the bed was made. Save for a few fingerprints, the laptop was all they had. It was apparent that someone cleaned up behind themselves if indeed a crime was committed. The two lead detectives gut instincts was telling them that it was so. The laptop was taken to crime lab for evaluation and detectives went back to the station house to do a follow up. Apparently the call came in from someone from several states away pretending to be a relative who in reality was only a chat buddy. Someone who chatted with her on a nightly basis. They had feared something had happened and placed the missing persons call. The detectives urgently wanted to talk to this person.

NEXT MORNING:


The crime lab results were in and chat logs were discovered on the laptop and promptly given to the detectives for them to analyze. A very close look at the logs began to reveal the victims chat patterns and more clues were being identified. Her chat name was Luscious and while she chatted with several people online it appears she had very intensive chat sessions with someone who went by the screen name of Watcher. They would look even closer at the chat sessions between them over the last several days as for now they have an identity of interest to pursue.

Chat Log Entry: Day One

watcher:

luscious you there?
luscious:
hi hun
watcher:
i've been nudging you for a while now, where have you been
luscious:
LOL, no you haven’t ive been online all night
watcher:
dammit luscious don’t play games with me, are you chatting with someone else
luscious:
sorry hun, yes I saw your nudges, but I was afraid you would scold me again
watcher:
i should but i won't, i spoil you too much, you know i will do anything for you but you didn’t obey me, why?
luscious:
i just didn’t feel like it last night hun
watcher:
DO IT NOW!
luscious:
right now?
watcher:

Yes right now, touch yourself right now
luscious:
Ok Ok
watcher:
you know I can tell if you’re doing it or not
luscious:
yes
watcher:
that’s my girl, cum for me
luscious:
yes, wait

several minutes pass

luscious:
back, did you feel it?
watcher:

yes, goods girl
luscious:
that was for you
watcher:
yes, you belong to me
luscious:
yes, always
watcher:
say it again
luscious:
I belong to you, ALWAYS!!!
watcher:
don’t forget it, ever
luscious:
I won’t
luscious:
so what are you up to tonight hun?
watcher:
I gotta go now
luscious:
but wait I wanted to ask you something
luscious:
are you still there?
luscious:
hun wait
you bastard

Chat Log Entry: Day Two
luscious:
hi hun, you there
watcher:
hello my sweet
luscious:
don’t call me sweet, you pissed me off last night
watcher:
how?
luscious:
don’t ever leave me like that again
watcher:
I had things I had to do
luscious:
but I needed you
watcher:
yeah tell that to those other men you’re chatting with
luscious:
am not
watcher:
don’t lie to me
luscious:
why do you never believe me when I tell you things
watcher:
I know you
luscious:
maybe
watcher:
no maybe’s, You’ve been drinking again, you’re drunk right now aren’t you
luscious:
so what, what do you care
luscious:
I just wanted to know if you love me
watcher:
ask me when you’re not drunk
luscious:
am not
watcher:
you betray me every time you lie to me
luscious:
I need to know if you love me
watcher:
I see everything you do, I feel your every thought, know your every move
luscious:
why, why me??
watcher:
stop asking questions and stop being childish
luscious:
why should I keep obeying you if I can’t know that you love me
watcher:
you should already
luscious:
you never tell me anything anymore
watcher:
stop your bullshit with other men online
luscious:
i’m not doing anything
watcher:
i told you stop lying to me
luscious:
LOL, you’re paranoid, thought you can see everything
watcher:
good nite, chat with you another time
luscious:
HEY WAIT! YOU BASTARD

Chat Log Entry: Day Three


watcher:
you there my sweet
luscious:
don’t call me that
watcher:
what’s you’re problem now?
luscious:
you left me again last night
watcher:
you’re drunk
luscious:

am not go to hell!!
watcher:
LOL, I love it when you’re feisty
luscious:
I HATE YOU!!
watcher:
touch yourself again
luscious:
no never again
watcher:
do as you’re told
luscious:
FUCK OFF I HATE YOU!
watcher:
do as you’re told or I’ll come and make you do it
luscious:
oh whatever, I don’t believe you
luscious:
you don’t know where I’m at and you’ll never find me
you’re just some lonely guy on the other end of a computer
watcher:
watch your mouth
luscious:
you treat me like I’m nothing, like I’m your toy you can toss around anytime you  feel like it
watcher:
shut up!! You’re pissing me off
luscious:
good, see what it feels like you asshole
watcher:
i’m warning you, shut and obey me, do as your told NOW!!
luscious:
LMAO, not gonna, you don’t care about me, so why should I
watcher:
i’m warning you luscious
luscious:
i’m gonna go chat with someone who respects me, bye xxooxx
watcher:
luscious wait
watcher:
LUSCIOUS WAIT!!! YOU THERE?
watcher:
YOU BITCH, I WARNED YOU
luscious:
LOL, you’re paranoid, thought you can see everything, ciao xoxoxo

Chat Log Entry: Day Four
No more entries found

Thinking that they were on to something with a solid lead obtained from the chat logs, the detectives immediately requested that the IP address associated with the user name “Watcher” be found in hopes that it will direct them to the exact location where the instant messages were sent from. It was a long shot because who in their right mind would stay where they could be easily located after what appears to be kidnapping. The IP location was discovered to be several states away so the case detectives immediately called in the feds for assistance while catching the next flight to the location. It took about twelve hours for to get the federal warrant needed to make a search and to assemble a tactical team. With everything in place the team descends upon and surrounds the address where the “Watcher” IM transmissions were sent from. A small house in a heavily wooded area in a small town

After giving several warnings officers kick the door in and immediately begin to scour this tiny house. Initially nothing is found in the upstairs portion of the house. It’s a bit messy but they can tell that someone has been here recently. Then a faint noise come from the downstairs portion of the house. Officers quietly go down the steps and position themselves in front of a bedroom door where the noise is coming from. The noise is getting louder, moaning, as if a sex act was occurring. They ask whoever is behind the door to peacefully surrender themselves. No response, just continued moaning. After issuing a second warning the door is kicked in, the officers enter the room and draw their weapons. They are greeted with a chesire cat like grin from a woman who despite appearances seems to fit the description. Unfazed by the presence of the officers and the imminent danger she takes a puff from a cigarette and says to them candidly, "I don't imagine you all are here to watch".



Rory


©rj2010




2 comments: