Thursday, November 17, 2011

Visitation Rites

(from the book Spirit, Rhythms, Words)




she had to have known I was watching her
every night alone
sitting right there under the moonlight
her beauty impeccable
always so calm
at ease within the night air
self assured
how could I help but to fall in love
on that night absolute silence
she must have felt my presence
because there is no such thing
screams of fear cannot be heard in quiet vicinities
she craved my debauchery
as I came up behind her
affirming our desire for each other
I claimed her as mine forever
she offered no resistance
I took her to what has become our special place
asphyxiating my determination
that my spirit may unite with her soul
her love reciprocated by the look of horror in her eyes
until that moment
I had yet to experience such totality
she’s resting comfortably now
the prettiest of them all so far
I will visit her often

Rory



©rj2011


Photo used under license. All rights reserved. Please do not copy.
Bench in misty park © Mike_Kiev| Dreamstime.com
Port of Shadow performed by Collective Sound Members





19 comments:

  1. Whoah nelly!!! Very chilling! If you haven't. Heard a song called Lullaby by Amos Lee you should oh yes you should! Excellent work and crazy perception through the eyes of a killer! Hugs dear Rory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Briana, glad you enjoyed! I will look for the song you suggested

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jeff. Always great to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful write Rory. The chilling phychopathic overtones just amazing. You told a great tale here and kept the reader glued to the write. Well done.

    Frankie Queen of OZ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Frankie. The psychology within it all appealed to me artistically. Glad you enjoyed the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An excellent portrayal of a dark journey taken through a serial killers eyes...an eerie tale indeed. thanks for the tag in a piece that kept me captivated from being to end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A tale from the dark side indeed, thrilling and chilling suspense and dark beauty love it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your comment MJ. Sincerely appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful comment EK. Thank you so much my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes Rory and that one can put themselves into any position to write from is something I admire so much. Some poets disagree with me when I say a writer is akin to an actor insomuch as they can act any part in a poem. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Frankie!...and I happen to agree with you :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rory I don't want to repeat anyone but what comes to mind for me is also ..chilling! WOW! freaky! I like how you put yourself in the character's shoes here and you did it very well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Jessica. It was an enjoyable exercise. Glad to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rory..
    this is chilling to my core. you have depicted this with disturbing clarity. I need to go read a fairy tale now. Excellent work.
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Stephany. One of my darker undertakings. Appreciate the compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for stopping by Randa :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoyed thoroughly Rory wow a very intense read.

    ReplyDelete