Monday, September 22, 2014

Passing Glances









Now I remember
I was there briefly during your youth
I appeared one night as a howling wind 
…tapping against the glass on your window
You were so….shy but very self-conscious
It was not my intention to frighten you
I could only smile when you hid beneath the covers
…demanding that I “go away”
The raindrops told me of the furtive glance you gave
…as you rose your head after I had indeed moved on
They mentioned the hours spent with you
Calming your mind, rinsing away your fears
Amusing I found it…
…how they would constantly nourish and protect you
They told me you were not like all the other seedlings
…that one day you would blossom into a most beautiful flower
One that will stand boldly against worldly elements
Now, in looking upon you
I can see…they were correct


Rory
©rj2014


Dedicated 




photo used by permission. Photo taken by and is the property of Teresa Palamountain ©tp2012 












3 comments:

  1. You have been missed Rory! wonderful and the music! sweet Rhythms, Thoughts, Words...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thnaks Big Sister Sula. I'm glad the words are flowing again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A deeply empathetic and intuitive write Dear friend.
    Sometimes we don’t know what those childhood phantasms
    we carry with us through life mean.
    It can often take a lifetime to connect the dots…
    To have someone actually see into our soul like this is a process
    that very few get to experience together.
    This particular write is both endearing and reaching.
    It is steeped in deep symbolism and reassuring comfort.
    Something that will remain in my memory for
    a very long time to come
    OH…and the musical backdrop is so eerily perfect
    And of course I love the picture. ♥

    ReplyDelete