Sunday, September 28, 2014

The Capricious Mist Above





Bashful Clouds
Looming once again
Sometimes they bring thunder

Sometimes they loiter aimlessly
…leaving behind their cascades
This time, in the cool of the evening
They’ve come rather peacefully

Quietly passing through
…as if they did not want to be noticed

For a while I gaze into their gentle demeanor
Then curl up under a blanket

…and sink into indolence

Rory


©rj2014



Photo taken by and is the property of Rory Jackson 
©rj2014 All rights reserved. Please do not copy


4 comments:

  1. Dear Rory,

    these genuine lyrics can be seen by different point of views.
    For me, in this particularly delicate stage of my life, they mean that
    it doesn't matter how dark the clouds in the sky are today,you're going to see the light shining through. Even those dark clouds are useful to bring you back to life.

    thanks for sharing your beautiful Art of Poetry.

    all the best and cheers!
    Carolina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol, I appreciate your comment and totally agree. The light continues to shine. Even when one steps back from it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW RORY,
    Once again you have floored me with this write.
    You have this way of being able to convey
    Contradiction in almost an inconspicuous way
    I love how you brought certain elements of this together
    and wove a story.
    I love how you can fill in so much space
    With so little words, and yet,,, tell a life story.
    The language and imagery described
    is both subtle and unmistakable.
    I love what you do.
    Gorgeous photo and the music is perfect.
    hmmm...yes, the mist carries secrets

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Teresa, I appreciate that you take the time to consider the many facets that may be contained in a write. What it means to you as well as what it may have meant to myself (in this case). Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete