Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Damn You!





Found myself sorting through all my mind clutter
Much of which had been
…long stored away in the recesses of my mind

Curious….or shall I say…Intriguing,
Her recognizing my preference to remain alone
…and not mistaking it for my being “lonely”
In keeping her distance…

…she has somehow gotten so close
Closer than I would once ever allow
How? Why?
She hasn't seen me at my polars end
Knows nothing of my pointless grumblings
I would never be what she wants
Damn her!
All this….juxtaposing going on in my head
As we interact
Our thoughts, indeed our individual personifications…
 …often appear as mirror images of each other

Differentiated only by the slightest of nuances
I wasn’t wanting, I wasn’t looking
…but now I clearly see, all the possibilities
Damn you!

Rory
©rj2014 



photo image used under license by©JoshIsaak | dreamstime.com








3 comments:

  1. ah yes the possibilities lil' bro
    timing is the obstacle forever the stumbling block to our desires... lovely write

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your wisdom Big Sister Sula :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some things can never come undone it seems 
    In saying that, the mirror effect is one of the most confronting dynamics of interaction, whether it be with a rain cloud, a flower, or a person. To know that someone can get into you that deeply, and they are so far away… now that is something that can’t be ignored.
    Certain people’s paths criss cross throughout time, and yet, do we notice the small details that have been pointing the way? The bigger picture? ;) Normally our (often) misguided reasoning gets in the way.
    I love the juxtaposition of thoughts and ideas and how you drew on different elements to bring this beautiful story of acceptance and understanding to light.
    I somehow get the feeling Rory, that she already is well aware of those pointless grumblings”..lol the mirror effect remember…. Works both ways mate.
    Love the picture of the two flowers. You really know how to write and put together an impactful story in the most intriguing way.
    SO HAPPY to read you again, and Im glad your inspiration has been liberated

    ReplyDelete