Saturday, January 8, 2011

Rage



Photobucket


damn, all I can think about is when
she first got all up in my grill
a little sly but...defiantly flaunting herself
I was loving her confidence...then she told me
hers were the thrills that
leave men wanting…more and more and
I thought to myself, yeah right,
just another bitch thinking she's all that
but now like…a horror show
these memories of her are
fleeting through my mind, haunting me
guess she was right all along
‘cause I’m missing what I had
chills......still run through
baby got some skills
I never shoulda pushed up on her
couldn't help myself, couldn’t resist
somehow she ignited something within me
I never knew existed
love had erupted
and between us, it would just flow
now I'm enraged
I mean…I told her I wasn't sure I was capable
…of this love shit
but now the love won’t quit
she was always there…you know
me coming home after a long day of dealing with those
alpha ego’s, fake identities, and alternate endings
she would always help me forget about all that bullshit
and kept me focused on all the new beginnings
 that were coming our way, always keeping us on the same page
now I can’t understand why she wouldn’t stay
why I had to be forsaken
knowing I’m out here getting this money
doing what it takes to
make sure she never lacks, or wants for anything
she was my life, my purpose, all these hours, all these days
just up and left, what I can’t make mistakes?
Love
yeah right, more like

RAGE!


Rory

©rj2009




4 comments:

  1. Left me speechless,your writing has a way of doing that. Great piece of spoken word, love the flow to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing how certain lovers have a knack for permeating every cell of our being ... and then poisoning them. Nicely done, Rory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a thrill out of all that anger!

    Ha! So a man can get a taste of that, too! Do you know that you communicated your rage and suffering so well that I could SEE it in your eyes, in your face - and I was GLAD to see a man get HIS.

    What had been done to me was now a man's to bear!

    Rory, I loved this! I didn't sympathize, nor empathize. But here's the kicker.

    I got all of the feelings as if you were speaking FOR, not to, me. You were me!

    Nicely done! Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A truly sensational, breathtaking, emotional piece.

    All I can say is


    WOW...

    ReplyDelete