Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sun Says Hello




against the canvas of the universe
illuminated by the stars in the distance
the moon is enclosed in a deep, dark stillness
it's majesty spreading a calming influence over the natural order
polarity
behold! divine perfection
the stars disappear, giving way to..
..a haze of purple, orange, and blue
watercolors
veiled slightly by silky clouds
the sun has began it's rise to eminence
misty morning dew
flowers in full bloom
ocean breezes speaking
music
listen closely
the song of all creation can be heard
as salutations are exchanged while crossing the path of purpose
the sun smiles and says
..goodbye moon..

Rory

©rj2008/10




4 comments:

  1. I love this piece Rory...you really do capture a very powerful time...where night is turning into day...one of my favorite moments.

    I remember I went on a road trip with my brother in the mid 90's up to Queensland, and we camped out on a beach...somewhere. I woke up at around 5 am, and saw the full moon in the west, setting. Then I did a 180 degree turn, and the sun was coming up over the horizon at the same time. So for about 10 minutes, both the full moon, and sun was visible at the same time.

    Simply Divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rory - This is glorious. There's really nothing to say - you're just the real deal. You write poetry. Period. I can't critique this! I've just read a gorgeous piece. The only words out of my mouth can be "Thank you!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rory...as twilight gives way to dusk..is this ending to a beginning or just the circle continuing... Beautiful, serene. hopeful..hugs
    (this is Stephany)

    ReplyDelete