Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ideation



Photobucket


I’ve always loved hard
making what seemed only to be...
mistakes…to the point of…
questioning my faith
(a result of that which was chosen for me)

constantly greeted with scorn
surrounded by those hell bent on
tooting their own horn
the thought of redemption
long ago forgone
(due to choices made in rebellion)

this, a life forlorn
torn up inside
not sure how love allowed me
to survive and continue on
certainly the hurt would desist
were I in a stasis
(that is, if had my choice…)


Rory


©rj2011





3 comments:

  1. Cool piece Rory,love the flow smooth and sweet, yet the message is very strong

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those wonderful peering figures! Looking over, inquisitively, into your ink, as it were! O, so that's what he's up to! So, that's what he thinks he's doing!

    And you, Rory, yes, you're talking to them. Those very folks with the odd long, tall, judgmental faces and peering eyes. You're telling on yourself. Your uncertainties, your regrets, your choices or lack thereof and the prices you've paid.

    Your edginess is well conveyed. Can you see, or feel, them staring over the abyss down at you?

    The folks in the image you selected aren't threatening. They're enchanting. A bit weird. Kind of like me - and the rest of us who are your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The more I read this, the more I think I'm getting it...so

    Choices that are made for us...gives us the feeling of utter powerlessness. There is no worse feeling as far as I'm concerned. I don't like being at anybody else's mercy (whether real or perceived)

    Choices made from rebellion...I can relate to this big time...(shaking head)
    in hindsight, some of those decisions were correct...and some not... definitely not always the best place to make a choice from, I sadly learnt.

    This last part is interesting, because what you want (stasis), is still, at this point, in your hands. Thus far, it has not been written, and we do have the power to rewrite the script...the choice is ours.

    Honestly, this is quite profound.

    And so the story continues...one step at a time.

    ReplyDelete