Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Juxtaposing


tired really, of the ego insistence on
always finding it necessary to talk over me
knowing more of everything, about everything
anywhere from, this life being a test from God/Satan
…to the best way to shine your shoes
just get in line, be patient and pay your dues
that placating tale so often told
teased, tempted, tested
frowned upon when I laughed
laughed at when I frowned
anger was something I was not supposed to feel
so numerous times I questioned why it was…
…quite often being projected upon me
Silence became a vital survival mechanism
although I listened, honestly I didn’t hear
I just couldn't get with its philosophical shammer
you know what I’m talking about right
that attention seeking, always running their mouth,
always in your face, always coming at you
loudest mother fucker in the room
it was from this person (these persons) I ascertained
the more one talks, the more one really doesn’t know…
…what they are talking about
tell them that and of course their world will shatter
now the difference is, they walk around projecting their guilt
and when you ask them what could the matter?
seems so strange…
…that somehow it turns out that I have hurt them
this by speaking a truth and desiring an even exchange

Rory



©rj2011





1 comment:

  1. You have such a way of expressing your thoughts and observation, another great piece

    ReplyDelete