Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Still Invisible

finally it got to the point to where
I was no longer willing to listen
to the voices that kept vying for my attention
distracting me rather
that sanctimonious vitriol they kept spewing
damn know it all’s
with their envy ….and…
passing of judgments

pretty boy, nigga with the good hair, who do you think are,
ain’t going to amount to nothing,
always finding something wrong (the crap I used to hear)


all that and still they would manage to seek my counsel
wondering why I would choose not to come around
often times I would stand above it all
but mostly I was being standoffish
never allowing anyone to get close enough
due to my attitude drifting towards the acrimonious
I needed someone around me that would talk sensibly
especially since my actions began bordering on the felonious

had me questioning my identity while my motives were being questioned, where are my answers? Where is my love? Where is my confidant? (the concerns within my prayers)

all my primary vision ever contained really
was the person who would drop everything whenever I called
we could share moonlit walks accompanied with heart to heart talks
taking simple things and transforming them into the bon vivant
understanding, knowing
not just superfluous words but actually showing one another
a love indivisible
this is what I choose to give


Rory


©rj2011






6 comments:

  1. This vibes with me big time .. *nod, nod, nod* ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. the rhythms,thoughts and words are so visable & resonates so beautifully lil' bro...I always delight in your poetry...♥~S~

    ReplyDelete
  3. i feel my poems to are about me my struggels my pain my beliefs. i do enjoy learning more about you.we write from our hearts glad to know your heart better .

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is incredible. You show us a part of your soul here. Love it!

    Frankie Queen of Oz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rory ...I never decide which is truly worse..the growing up or the grown up! Awkwardness seems to be always within our fingertips. Seeking the balance..our rainbow..who cares about the pot of gold. Well done!! hugs (Stephany)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Rory...As painful as this is to read, it is also very inspiring.
    I think we all have a story to tell, and how and when we decide to (eventually) tell it will always be cause for celebration.
    How much of what ails us/violated us/changed us could have been circumvented had we simply had someone we trusted, who cared, to simply TALK to. That's all we ever needed.
    The picture is beautiful.
    There we are, in the centre, our untarnished selves, whole, pure, endless, and what we surround ourselves with is layer apon layer of protection/our ego, our personalities we project onto the world to hide our inner cores, our vulnerabilities. You amaze me as always. I love the colors of your soul.

    ReplyDelete