Friday, August 5, 2011

Amity (and it's belittling)


normally I would remain silent concerning such matters

it’s probably because I take friendships so seriously
...that in this case, I must voice my disparagement
well, let me step back slightly
it wasn’t like we were the BEST of friends
I did however, view him in a different light
there was total respect held for him
never did I encroach upon his space
his work ethic I thought admirable
I appreciated the splendor of watching the flowers bloom
…probably equally as much as he did
there was even a shared interest in solar geometrics
...and the various components that comprise monosaccharides
his sense of loyalty and commitment could not be undermined
but to attack me in the manner in which he did…
unprovoked
was totally uncalled for and inexcusable
so another pseudo-friend has come and gone
it’s quite alright
I’ve gone through something like this countless times
the sting of his assault will last only a short while
I will not seek retaliation (although I want to)
seeking retribution would only exacerbate the situation
…but the line has been crossed
I will forgive his action, however...
unlikely it is, that I will ever trust being in his presence again






Rory


©rj2011


*photo used under license. Bumble Bee © Jack Davsion | Dreamstime.com
  all rights reserved. please do not copy.






This Flash Player was created @ FlashWidgetz.com.


1 comment:

  1. lol I had to giggle with reading this! I have been stung by a bee unprovoked found out I was allergic! I steer clear of them nowadays typically by running or becoming petrified in state! This is great Rory! I have to add I love the music!! Love love the music!

    ReplyDelete