Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Homage To My Special Place


the sun has given way
a few clouds have appeared
shortly after, the first of the night stars arrive
as the starlight glistens atop subtle waves
once again I am astounded by the evening sky
such a glorious portrait nature has stenciled
breathing in the cool, crisp air
the  surrounding commotion of the day, slowly relenting
finally silence
then reverence
more than a mere conception
peace and oneness reawakens within me
I feel the familiar presence of my friend, the star in the distance
looking up towards it, I smile
on this night, together we laugh
it’s light as shone on me many of nights
watching as tears rinsed away my troubles and fears
…as smiles illuminated my joy and ambitions
never flouting against my innermost
always there
then I think of the few with whom this place I shared
considering how the cosmos entwined our individual existence
delicate words
precious feelings
hope, splendor, validation
momentary yet eternal
I can only offer my gratitude
water fowl and other nocturnal creatures gather around
seems they want to share in these serene moments also
drifting away as I often do when I am here
again I can almost touch the stars
all I know is that when I am here
I am all knowing
I know LOVE
tonight I will sit here until the moon gives way







Rory


©rj2011




7 comments:

  1. OOOOO I really like this Rory!! I think I could sit there with you and wait for the moon to rise! Wonderful write here my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love how you can bring to life a mood/feeling/scene...to the point that it jumps out at me, and I feel like I can see it too.
    Thanks for sharing this Rory

    ReplyDelete
  3. nature does lend itself to serene & divine moments of complete oneness. This was great, I felt the emotional connectedness...hugz lil' bro!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your ink rory i remance to my special place to i sould write about mine.it gives a little insight to who we are .thanks for the inspiration rory

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful Rory. I am there. "I" can almost see the stars. Love this. Thank you for tagging me.
    x mags.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Entrancing. More like a caress than a poem. I felt as if I were leaning back into you, held against your chest, in this place, watching this vista, you stroking my upper arms, as you spoke these words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I caught a glimpse ... you more than knew love ... you were love encompassed.

    ReplyDelete