Thursday, June 2, 2011

At A Loss



guess I just didn’t have the proper understanding
when you came to me at the behest of your hearts demands
this world so cruel had you feeling very much alone
…and you told me that love was something you had never known
as I saw my reflection in your eyes
the best that I could surmise was
…cause indeed has the desired effect
you were exactly what I envisioned in my mind
everything about you, everything about us was….perfect
got lost
lost myself inside of you
with selfless love
where seeing your smile…
…was the motivation behind everything I would eventually do
(you knew)
perhaps I was blind
… because now you’re telling me you need distance
that I had gotten too close
so instead of sharing a love complete
I have to chalk this up as another… almost
standing here watching you leave
….trying to hold on to my own sense of repose
realizing my love was about your happiness at all cost
I can only shake my head as I am at a loss

Rory



©rj2010



No comments:

Post a Comment