Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Eye Of Beholder (Part 3)


I lick my lips and take a deep breath, contemplating that final drink.  I look in the mirror, past myself, tilting my head slightly to the left to get a final pause at the handsome stranger.  An insurance salesman far from home? An independent film maker traveling the US? A psychic on tour? I laugh at my thoughts.  What does it matter? I’m only here for one night and God only knows if I’ll ever be here again.  Besides, he’s clearly not from here either.  Should I have another drink? Should I buy him a beer? Deliver it myself? Slither up beside him and whisper slowly.
“Would you like another?”
“But of course,” he would reply and take the frosted glass from my fingers, caressing my hand subtly.  I nod to say I received his message and like it. 
“Here on business?” I would ask, maybe flip my hair dramatically and find the courage to look deep into his eyes. 
“Yes, in a way,” he would leave it open ended.
A mystery. 
Hell, if I’m dreaming … I may as well dream big.  I motion to the bartender for that last drink.

“Are you here with anyone?” I imagine myself a courageous seductress.
“No, I’m traveling light,” his charming accent would be music to my hungry ears.  “Are you here with anyone?” His tone would be deeper and serious.
“Absolutely not,” I reply and seductively sip from my drink.
“What are you drinking there, beautiful?” He would ask. 
“Disarrono,” I would smile, savoring the taste for a moment. 
“Well, being as it’s last call and I didn’t have the honor of buying you a drink…” He looks across his beer deep into my eyes, “I can only offer to buy you the bottle if you’d care to share it with me.”
“How could I refuse?” I stroke my hair again and smile seductively.
He would hand me the bottle and walk me out of the bar, holding the door for me.  We would stride through the hotel lobby as if we long time lovers vacationing together.  The bellman tips his hat to us as we enter the elevator.

I am gazing at the bottle as if it were a rare gem.
“The lady is pleased?” He asks with a tease in his tone.
I would nod.
“Does the lady wish to please the man?” He asks.
I nod again.
He grabs me the waist and pulls me close to him, then he leans in and dips me as he reaches out to press the stop button on the elevator.  I’m limp in his touch as he smoothes his lips gently from my chest, up my throat and to my lips.  His breath is warm, his lips are wet.  His kiss is divine.  He pulls me back up to a stance and slides me against the wall, pinning my arms up and kissing my neck passionately.  My heart is throbbing against my chest.
“Last call,” The bartender repeats. 




Photobucket


Suzrocks©


No comments:

Post a Comment