Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Saw My Therapist Today

(a short story)

quite a long time it has been…
…but today I went and saw my therapist
hypertension wavered between my neck and shoulders
as well, I felt a little disconnect
apprehension, disconsolation, the directive of the day it seemed
my thoughts were completely jumbled
my focus lost in obscurity
in searching my mind for a method of reprieve
it suddenly dawned upon me
as I was leaving from my last visit with her
she assured me there was no problem with spontaneous sessions
so long as she was not busy consoling another client
with her practice only a stone’s throw away from my office downtown
placing my temperament before her appeared most logical
at least in terms of obtaining more immediate relief
taking a later lunch hour to avoid the noon rush
I arrived at her suite and fortunately for me she was available
a pleasant greeting it was
surprised and most accommodating her smile
i’m there with her…
…and yet, could not express what my needs were
she recognized my troubles and took the initative
immediately she began stripping away the inhibitions residing in me
probing my mental state in a poignant yet affectionate manner
I stood there at attention
admiring her professionalism more than anything
she reminded me however, that it was ok to stroke my own egoism
it was at this point that I finally began to relax
as our communing gradually moved forward
she urged me to close my eyes
take my time and visualize
in doing so I could see Africa
the equinox
synchronicity
celestial gyrations
swiftly I reached an elevated state of awareness
in the instant that I reopened my eyes
what was once nervousness traversing through my body, flees
crystallizing into gametic diffusion
after which I feel totally disencumbered
my time was up and I thanked her for assistance
as I left her building heading towards the remainder of my day
I looked back, wondering, not certain when or if I will ever return




Rory


©rj2011


2 comments:

  1. WOW...crystallizing into gamatic diffusion...

    what an explosively apt description. Loving this Rory. Clearly, I am in the wrong profession...lol

    What a song! Hmmmmmmm

    Very Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed this poem. You know, my therapist was a leprechaun gangster rapper. He died in a waterspout, and I miss him. I think your therapist sounds a lot cooler, though. Maybe I'll pay her a visit.

    ReplyDelete